CONTRACT TITLE: PROCUREMENT OF CONSTRUCTION WORKS FOR 4NO. UNDERGROUND BERKADS.
LOCATION: (BAIDOA DISTRICT – BAY REGION SOMALIA).
COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE (COOPI) has received a grant from the European Community through SomReP
Consortium for the implementation of the Action entitled “Somalia Resilience Program in Baidoa Districts Bay Region,
The purpose of the project is to “Contribute to improved resilience and increased adaptive capacities for rural
communities and urban households in Somalia to protect their livelihoods over continuing shocks”. COOPI intends to
apply apportion of the grant to payments under this contract. No party other than COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE
(COOPI) shall derive any rights from the grant or have any claim to its proceeds.
Under no circumstances or for no reason whatsoever will the European Community entertain any request for
indemnity or payment directly submitted by the COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE (COOPI)’s contractors.
- PUBLICATION REFERENCE
SOMREP CONSORTIUM – BAY AND LOWER SHABELLE, RESILIENCE & SOCIAL PROTECTION PROGRAM
- CONTRACTING AUTHORITY
COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE (COOPI) Is an International Organization Headquartered in Italy with the
Regional Coordination Office Based in Nairobi Overseeing the Somalia, Kenya and Uganda Country Offices. Our key
Sectors of Programming are in Health, WASH and Food Security and Livelihoods, Disaster Risk Reduction and
Resilience Building Spanning over 20 years.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTRACT
CONSTRUCTION OF 4NO. BERKADS (UNDERGROUND RESERVOURS) IN BAIDOA DISTRICT REGION -SOUTHERN
- EXLUSION CLAUSES
The contracting authority will exclude from participation in the tender procedure candidates or tenderers falling into
any of the following cases:
- a) They are bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into an
arrangement with creditors, have suspended business activities, are the subject of proceedings concerning
- b) They have been convicted of an offence concerning their professional conduct by a judgement that has the
force of res judicata;
- c) They have been guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means that the contracting authority
- d) They have not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions or the payment of
taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those of the
country of the contracting authority or those of the country where the
- e) contract is to be performed;
- f) They have been the subject of a judgement that has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement
in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity;
- g) Following another procurement procedure or grant award procedure, they have been declared to be in serious
breach of contract for failure to comply with their contractual obligations. Candidates or tenderers must certify
by any relevant means that they are not in one of the situations listed above.
- PERIOD OF EXECUTION
- SELECTION AND AWARD CRITERIA
The tender commission will not necessarily choose on the basis of lowest price alone but will award the contract on
the basis of value for money, price, quality, compliance with international norms, and delay for delivery. The
experience of the bidders in the performance of similar contracts will be as well a criterion for selection.
- HOW TO OBTAIN THE TENDER DOSSIER
Soft copy of tender documents (tender notice/dossier) with detailed specifications can be obtained from Somalia
NGO Consortium Website www.somaliangoconsortium.org/career as from 14
th Feb 2019.
Bidders with questions regarding this tender should send them in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org 48hrs before
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE TENDER
The deadline for submitting the bid is 15.00 hours, East African Time on February 24
th, 2019 at the COOPERAZIONE
INTERNAZIONALE (COOPI) Mogadishu Office.
Any tender received after this deadline will not be considered.