NIS Somalia HR and AdminAssistant
The Nordic International Support Foundation (NIS) is a Norwegian-registered non-profit organization engaged in stabilization and reconciliation initiatives in conflict and post-conflict areas. Our primary areas of intervention are institutional development, public service delivery, and conflict resolution. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, NIS recently finalized a project in Sri Lanka and currently implements projects in Somalia, Myanmar, and the Sahel.
NIS Somalia is currently implementing a wide range of projects in South Central and Puntland with plans to expand in to new areas. The organization has offices in Mogadishu, Baidoa and operational presence in Galkacyo, Kismayu, Jowhar, Balad and Beledwey in Hiiraan.
Position: HR and Admin Assistant
Reports to: HR and Admin Officer
Duty station: Mogadishu with frequent travel to all NIS Somalia Sub Offices
All NIS employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core value. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The HR and Admin Assistant is responsible for assisting with HR matters in all the country offices
- Comply with NIS’s HR policies and procedures
- Assist in the implementation of the organization policies and procedures
- Provide support in recruitment processes, including advertisements, filling applications, inviting candidates, organizing interview venues etc.
- Update staff records and files, including contracts, leave, medical, appraisals, etc.
- Generate monthly records and reports such as staff lists, leave and other HR statistics
- Process and follow up claims for medical cover and insurance
- Prepare staff contributions to relevant statutory bodies (social security, pensions etc.)
- Implement and maintain NIS’s administrative systems and procedures
- Ensure adherence to NIS’s policies and procedures
- Train and develop administration team
- Supervise the support staff
- Ensure a well-functioning reception, clean office premises and serving of refreshments/meals according to standards
- Implement and maintain a filing system for all administrational documents according to procedures
- Initiate and maintain licenses, leases and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers
- Responsible for the processing of work permits, visas and other related permits
- General follow up of the NIS office and houses/apartments and ensure that utility bills are paid
- Carry out periodic inventory audits
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working with HR and Admin
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Some knowledge of English
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- A good understanding of the Somalia Operational Context
- A good understanding of the NGO Somalia
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for and evaluated on the responsibilities and the competencies, based on NIS’sPerformance Management System. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedure:
- Send an application letter and an updated CV, which should include contact information for three work-related references.
- Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
- Hand delivered applications will no longer be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The Closing date will be 25th July 2017.
Send your application on email@example.com