PSR Somalia TB program wishes to invite applications from highly competent lab technicians to fill the following vacancy. The successful candidate will be based in Finsoma Mogadishu, Somalia.
Terms of reference:
Under the supervision and guidance of Head Physician and PSR TB co-ordinator, the Lab technician will have the following responsibilities:
- Follow and adhere to PSR policy and principles
- Responsible for your own safety.
- Responsible in strictly following hygiene and safety procedures manuals and Standard Operating Procedures guidelines.
- Responsible for carrying out day to day activities of the laboratory such as: Hygiene of the laboratory, collection of specimens, smearing, staining, slides reading, reporting of the results, waste disposal, proper registration of the results, disinfection and sterilization activities.
- Responsible in taking care of the laboratory equipment and reporting to the supervisor in case there is failure of function/operation.
- Responsible in keeping laboratory reagents in a suitable place.
- Responsible in taking immediate action (according to SOP ‘s guidelines) in case laboratory accident
- Assist the physician in filling all forms and treatment register with necessary data and in preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Maintain polite and good communication with colleagues and patients at all time.
- Participating refreshment training and maintaining and improving his skills and knowledge in TB work.
- To participate health education programmes for the patients (once a month/ or as often as needed))
- To participate staff meeting (once a month/or as often as needed
- Be prepared to receive and undertake further duties as required by the centre.
- Report anything in need of repair or replacement to the appropriate person
- Participate in other active case finding efforts when requested
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Educational level required:Diploma/Degree in laboratory.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Skills in TB laboratory.
- Experience: 1year of experience in TB laboratory.
- Others :
- Proficiency in using computer software e. g MS office and internet.
- Fluency in Somali language and English is needed
please send your C.V . copy of certificate and application later to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org , dead line 28/05/2017