Job Title: Logistics officer
Duty station: Mogadishu
SolarGen Technologies is a leading renewable energy and water solutions provider in East Africa. We focus on distribution of solar products and engineering, procurement, and construction of world-class projects for our clients. SolarGen has four offices in Kenya and Somalia. We also develop and implement projects across the region due to our commitment to serve clients seeking affordable green solutions for their water and energy needs.
As a leading solar solution and service provider, SolarGen offers best in class combination of products, integration, know-how and services. We provide personalized solution with our seamlessly integrated product portfolio. Our primary mandate is to support and increase access to affordable green energy to rural communities in East Africa region.
- SolarGen requires a dynamic and reliable logistics officer to be responsible for the overall logistic management. Logistics officer responsibilities include but not limited toManaging logistics operations including all logistics assets in order to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of Solargen projects. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Manage logistics operations including all logistics assets in order to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of Solargen projects.
- Manage an accurate inventory of warehouse materials
- oversee and coordinate various tasks in order to maintain adequate levels of food, water and other supplies in the office
- Ensure materials are delivered to sites in a timely manner as per clients’ criteria
- Maintaining all the logistic or transportation related records in any organization.
- Responsible of stocking of the product and stock movements.
- Responsible for packaging the products during the transit to secure the products from any kind of damage.
- Responsible of warehouse maintenance by ensuring the proper management of the warehouse.
- Responsible of deciding the modes and methods of the product transportation by implementing best in class practices for the transportation of the material.
- Tracking shipment process.
- Develop policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Prepare regularly updated Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly reports in logistics and procurement point of view.
- Prepare draft/and or collate reports on stock movements, warehousing and flow of goods.
- Other Deliverables as requested by the SGT Somalia Country Manager and other senior management.
The role will report to the country manager, based in Mogadishu.
Logistics officer position requires a bachelor degree of Business Administration, Engineering or related fields(preferably transport and logistics) or equivalent professional/logistics experience. He/she is also required to have strong skills on market knowledge, time management, strong technical and mechanical and communication skills.
How to apply
All applicants should drop a cover letter and updated CV (including 3 referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate the position applied for in the subject. The deadline for application is 31thMarch2018
Due to the large volume of applications we mayreceive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted