Job Title: Sales Officer
Duty station: Mogadishu
SolarGen Technologies is a leading renewable energy and water solutions provider in East Africa. We focus on distribution of solar products and engineering, procurement, and construction of world-class projects for our clients. SolarGen has four offices in Kenya and Somalia. We also develop and implement projects across the region due to our commitment to serve clients seeking affordable green solutions for their water and energy needs.
As a leading solar solution and service provider, SolarGenoffers best in class combination of products, integration, know-how and services. We providepersonalized solution with our seamlessly integrated product portfolio. Our primary mandate is to support and increase access to affordable green energy to rural communities in East Africa region.
Solargen requires a dynamic and innovative Sales officer to bring a regular flow of profitable new business to the company, in accordance with the sales and marketing plan of Solargen Technologies, for the year 2018. The office will create and develop new innovative ways to communicate the company message and products tonew and existing customers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Take active role in developing business and marketing plans in coordination with managementto achieve revenue goals.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organizations.
- Research and build relationships with new clients
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s technical unit
- Plan approaches and pitches, and work with team to develop proposals that speaks to client’s needs, concerns, and desires
- Respond to the client queries regarding the products in a timely fashion
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to actively chase new customer leads
- Attend training courses, exhibitions & shows as and when required; and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present and consult with management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels to increase sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Research the market for identifying new business opportunities.
- Organize the company’s marketing collateral eg leaflets, banners, flyers, brochures, etc
- Prepare regularly updated market registers in different customer categories.
- Prepare draft/and or collate reports on customer feedback and challenges
- Other Deliverables as requested by the SG Somalia Country Manager and other senior management
The role will report to the country manager, based in Mogadishu.
Sales officer positions require a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Marketing/Business related field and 2-3 years of sales or marketing experience.
He/she is also required to have strong skills on networking, persuasion, public speaking, researchand motivation for sales, market knowledge, sales planning and customer engagement.
How to apply
All applicants should drop a cover letter and updated CV (including 3 referees) to email@example.comHassan.firstname.lastname@example.org.Thedeadlineforapplicationis28thJanuary 2018
Due to the large volume of applications we mayreceive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted