UNITED NATIONS SUPPORT OFFICE IN SOMALIA
UNITED NATIONS CORE VALUES: INTEGRITY, PROFESSIONALISM, RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO KENYA NATIONALS ONLY AND DOES NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL BENEFITS
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 20 FEBRUARY 2018
DATE OF ISSUANCE: 21 JANUARY 2018
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: ASSOCIATE CONTRACTS MANAGEMENT OFFICER
SECTION: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
DURATION OF CONTRACT: FIXED TERM APPOINTMENT
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: UNSOS/SCM/008/2018
This position is funded for an initial period of one year, extension of appointment will be subject to budgetary approval. Appointment against this post is on a local basis. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred in order to take-up the appointment. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
Interested applicants who are working with UN Contractors must fulfil the obligations of their contracts with the UN Contractors in order to be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
United Nations (UN) Department of Field Support (DFS) is establishing a Supply Chain Management (SCM) Program at the enterprise level to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of Field Mission support through holistic planning and continuous collaboration across all stakeholders. The Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR®) model is used to categorize the future state of UN supply chain processes in a standard reference model that can be measured, managed, and controlled.
- Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships:
- Under the overall guidance of the Chief Plan Section, the Associate Contracts Management Officer will report to the Section Unit Chief and is based in Mombasa, Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Associate Contracts Management Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide advice to the Chief of the Section on matters involving mission contacts.
- Assist in managing key contracts in support of mission (and regional) operations, which are under the purview of the Unit, with a focus on service contracts for which the Unit is primary responsible. Services contracts include but are not limited to equipment maintenance/repair, PX operations. Quality Assurance on catering aspects, active UN global systems service contracts.
- Carry out the implementation of Standard Operating Procedures and Administrative Instructions related to the field of Contract Management.
- Assist in the preparation of Statements of Work (SOWs) and Scopes for Work, Source Selection Plans, requisitions and technical evaluations for all contracts to be managed by the Section.
- Carry out programmatic/administrative tasks as required by the Section, including assisting in the assigning/monitoring performance parameters and critical indicators, reporting on programme performance, preparing inputs for results-based budgeting, evaluating national staff performance, interviewing candidates for job openings and evaluation of candidates for national posts.
- Respond to audit observations, as assigned. Manage, guide and train staff under his/her supervision.
- Carry out other tasks as requested by the Chief of the Section.
Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and in-depth knowledge of Financial Regulations and Rules, Procurement Regulations, and other guiding principles of the outsourcing and contracting process; proven understanding of technical, supervisory and administrative roles relating to these functions; Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of product or services to clients.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Builds consensus for task purpose and direction with team members. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Education: Advanced university degree preferably in business administration, commerce, law or other relevant field. A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contract management administration or related area is required.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
Method: Evaluation of qualified candidates for this positions may include a substantive assessment which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including their United Nations Personal History form (P.11) to the address mentioned below quoting vacancy announcement number and functional title on the subject line on or before the deadline. The P.11 is on the https://unsos.unmissions.org/jobs. Applications submitted after the deadline February 20, 2018 will not be accepted. Curriculum Vitae (CV) will not be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).