UNITED NATIONS SUPPORT OFFICE FOR SOMALIA
UNITED NATIONS CORE VALUES: INTEGRITY, PROFESSIONALISM, RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO SOMALI NATIONALS ONLY AND DOES NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL BENEFITS
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURGED TO APPLY
ADVERTISEMENT INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 6 May 2018
DATE OF ISSUANCE : 22 April 2018
FUNCTIONAL TITLE : PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT
LEVEL : GL 5
SECTION : PROCUREMENT SECTION
LOCATION : MOGADISHU
DURATION OF CONTRACT : ONE (1) YEAR FIXED TERM
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No : UNSOS/PROC/020/2018
This position is funded for an initial period of one year, extension of appointment will be subject to budgetary approval. Appointment against this post is on a local basis. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred in order to take-up the appointment. Somali female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
Interested applicants who are working with UN Contractors must fulfil the obligations of their contracts with the UN Contractors in order to be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Organization Setting and Reporting Relationships:
This position is located in Mogadishu, Federal Government of Somalia. The incumbent will report to Procurement Officer/Chief Procurement Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Procurement and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provides procurement, logistical and administrative support to the Section in the acquisition of a wide variety of goods and services.
- Drafts routine correspondence to respond to enquiries in respect to relevant administrative, procurement and supply chain management.
- Monitors status of approved Shopping Carts and coordinates deliveries of approved Purchase Orders.
- Assists in meetings, bidders’ conferences and procurement events such as booking of conference rooms and other related administrative support.
- Coordinates with team members and service units to meet Section’s Work Plan.
- Identifies and recommends sources of procurement; and interview potential suppliers and assists in the vendor registration in the United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM).
- Produces tender documents (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotation) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- Prepares abstracts of offers and compile data contained in quotations, bids or proposals to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible with due consideration to quality, delivery time, prompt payment and other discounts, transportation costs and other factors.
- Enters into negotiation of terms and conditions of orders under the guidance of Procurement Officers.
- Finalizes purchase orders and contracts for approval by Procurement Officer; may authorize purchases in line with delegated signature authority, and, if required, prepare submission to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Resolves issues/problems related to delivered goods, including discrepancies between purchase orders and items/quantities shipped or received.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Professionalism: Knowledge of internationally recognized procurement standards and of all phases of international procurement techniques and operations used in contracting for a diverse range of goods and services. Good working knowledge of Incoterms and international business practices. Knowledge of quantitative methods to measure supplier capacity systems and ability to identify sources of supply, market trends and pricing. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High School Diploma or equivalent. A certification/diploma or other supplemental academic qualifications or training in business administration or procurement, or related field, is desirable.
A minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the area of procurement operations, contract management & administration and administrative services or related areas.
French and English are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this post, fluency in English, both oral and written, is required; knowledge of local language is desirable
How To Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including their United Nations Personal History form (P.11) to the address mentioned below on or before the deadline. The P.11 is on the https://unsos.unmissions.org/jobs. Applications submitted after the deadline on 6 May 2018 will not be accepted. CVs will not be accepted.
Please quote, Vacancy Announcement Number and Functional Title in the subject of the email. Kindly attach a copy of the P.11, Degree or Certificate, Passport and or National Identification Card. These are required as part of your application for consideration of eligibility. Please note CID and NISA Certificates are required at a later stage of the recruitment process.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
The UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).