UNITED NATIONS SUPPORT OFFICE FOR SOMALIA
UNITED NATIONS CORE VALUES: INTEGRITY, PROFESSIONALISM, RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO KENYA NATIONALS ONLY AND DOES NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL BENEFITS
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 29 JANUARY 2018
DATE OF ISSUANCE: 23 JANUARY 2018
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: SUPPLY OFFICER
SECTION: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
DURATION OF CONTRACT: ONE (01) YEAR FIXED TERM
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: UNSOS/SCM/006/2018
This position are funded for an initial period of one year, extension of appointment will be subject to budgetary approval. Appointment against this post is on a local basis. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred in order to take-up the appointment. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
Interested applicants who are working with UN Contractors must fulfil the obligations of their contracts with the UN Contractors in order to be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Note: This postions are pending classification and thus the process may be cancelled in the event that the classfication level differs from the advertised level.
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships:
Under the overall guidance of the Chief Plan Section, the Supply Officer will report to the Section Unit Chief and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Supply Officer may be responsible for the following duties:
- Collect, aggregate performance and provide data alerts on Supply Chain and/or Mission Support Activities.
- Leverage analytics (using quantitative and/or qualitative methods) and dash boarding tools to assess, and improve operational effectiveness and efficiency and provide high level as well as detailed reporting for senior management and technical staff.
- Develop, review, monitor, assess and manage data associated with technical contracts for the provision of supplies and support services.
- Implement policies, controls and standards pertaining to supply chain management in a Business Intelligence environment using Data Extraction Transformation Load (ETL) tools and method in compliance with data Governance principles, standards, and guidance.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting systems and reporting mechanisms are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
- Initiate and oversee periodic reviews of policies and directives to ensure best practices in supply issues, standards and procedures.
- Produce data insight that drive strategic, operational and tactical supply management decisions in support of contract performance monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- Analyse problems, audit and performance reports on mission activities and provide remedial action programmes where required. Collect data needed to satisfy performance improvement and audits ensuring that data is valid, reliable, traceable, timely, available, secure and consistent.
- Implement the Unit’s work program; supervises, train and monitor performance indicators for staff.
- May provide guidance to or supervise new/junior staff.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Professionalism: Proven analysis, reporting, and troubleshooting skills. Demonstrated ability to absorb, present complex ideas quickly and accurately. Ability to evaluate business operation performance issues to diagnose and address underlying business process and system problems and inefficiencies. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of product or services to clients.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Builds consensus for task purpose and direction with team members. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, public administration, commerce, engineering, law or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in supply chain, project/contracts management, logistics support, procurement or related area. UN experience is desirable.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
Assessment: Evaluation of qualified candidates for this positions may include a substantive assessment which
Method: will be followed by a competency-based interview.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including their United Nations Personal History form (P.11) to the address mentioned below quoting vacancy announcement number and functional title on the subject line on or before the deadline. The P.11 is on the https://unsos.unmissions.org/jobs. Applications submitted after the deadline January 29, 2018 will not be accepted. Curriculum Vitaes (CVs) will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).