HORN CONNECT BROADCAST SERVICES
Vacancy Announcement: Head of Marketing
Position Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Horn Connect Broadcast Services is a media production and strategic communication agency based in Mogadishu, Somalia. Since its inception in 2009, Horn Connect has developed a good presence and footprint in every region of Somalia and employs equipped mobile teams for coverage and production in remote and urban locations.
We are looking to hire a Marketing head who will be in charge and lead Horn Connect’s marketing department.
As a successful hire, the head of marketing will be responsible for providing guidance to our marketing department by evaluating and developing marketing strategies, planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating the marketing plans to those involved and build knowledge to position the company’s brands.
She/he will also act as focal point of the company to develop a strategy that will help the company maximize its market share.
- To lead the marketing department of the company
- Plan, direct and coordinate marketing efforts
- Research the demand of company’s products and services
- Develop and manage advertising campaigns and customer engagement programs
- Build brand awareness and positioning
- To work creatively with a range of different stakeholders to promote and enhance the work of the company
- Evaluate and develop the marketing strategy and marketing plan
- Work with the management team and staff of the company to identify potential internal and external communications opportunities and threats; proactively identify appropriate strategies to manage them.
- Work closely with other departments to develop strategies that will maximize market share while balancing customer satisfaction
- Develop commercials putting into consideration the needs of customers
- Coordinate marketing projects from start to finish
- Organize company conferences, trade shows, and major events
To be considered for this position, the applicant should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- At least 3 years proven experience in marketing and running a marketing team
- Experience with digital marketing forms such as social media marketing and content marketing
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Service oriented mindset; negotiation skills, team spirit and analytical thinking are desired for this position.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Attention to detail
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- High competency in project and stakeholder management is a huge advantage.
Interested applicants should send their applications and CV with three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th March 2020. Female applicants are encouraged. Any application sent after this date will not be reviewed. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.