HORN CONNECT BROADCAST SERVICES
Vacancy Announcement: Head of Digital Unit
Position Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Horn Connect Broadcast Services is a media production and strategic communication agency based in Mogadishu, Somalia. Since its inception in 2009, Horn Connect has developed a good presence and footprint in every region of Somalia and employs equipped mobile teams for coverage and production in remote and urban locations.
We are looking to hire head of digital unit who will be in charge and lead digital services provided by Horn Connect.
As a successful hire, the head of digital unit will create multi-format content (be it in video, photo, audio or written form) and develop ideas that will fulfil the strategic needs with a focus on growing engagement and performance across social channels.
- Lead social media management services of the clients
- Pitch new ideas for digital content production
- Input on end-to-end content production, from conception, creation, editing, sign off and publication
- Drive innovation in content production and social media, particularly around technologies and formats
- Keeping up to date all digital industry developments
- Have a strong visual eye to help guide the digital designers when required
- Create and upload new contents with clear value or call to action
- High standard of efficient content production and delivery management
- Using available tools, measure and analyze performance of social media content and its impact on the company and the clients
- Help manage and maintain the day-to-day social voice of our clients.
- Bachelor degree in Multimedia, Digital Media, Communication or any other related field
- 3 or more years of proven digital media experience
- Experience of creating and implementing digital media strategies is strongly preferred
- Current Google AdWords and Google Analytics Certifications preferred
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Competence and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Adobe Premier.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on social media and review the activities
Interested applicants should send their applications and CV with three referees and sample of previous work to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th March 2020. Any application sent after this date will not be reviewed. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.