UNITED NATIONS SUPPORT OFFICE IN SOMALIA
UNITED NATIONS CORE VALUES: INTEGRITY, PROFESSIONALISM, RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO SOMALI NATIONALS ONLY AND DOES NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL BENEFITS
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 25 AUGUST 2021
DATE OF ISSUANCE : 27 JULY 2021
FUNCTIONAL TITLE : PROPERTY DISPOSAL ASSISTANT
LEVEL : GL-4
SECTION : CENTRALISED WAREHOUSING SECTION
LOCATION : MOGADISHU
DURATION OF CONTRACT : ONE (01) YEAR FIXED-TERM APPOINTMENT
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER : UNSOS/PDA/013/2021
This position is funded for an initial period of one year, extension of appointment will be subject to budgetary approval. Appointment against this post is on a local basis. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred in order to take-up the appointment. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
Interested applicants who are working with UN Contractors must fulfil the obligations of their contracts with the UN Contractors in order to be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Organizational setting and reporting relationships:
|Duties and Responsibilities:
Within the delegated authority of the Chief, Centralized Warehousing Section (CWS) and under the direct supervision of the Chief, Property Disposal Unit, the incumbent shall carry out the following functions:
· Assists in monitoring the execution of contracts for the disposal of property and supplies, including all types of waste material of all Written-Off Materials: Fixed Assets, Equipment, Expendables/Consumables and Waste Materials;
· Participate in the Board of Survey Team for inspection property proposed for write off; physical and document verification written off equipment e.g. further storage and such segregation-per disposal methods;
· Assists the supervisor in coordinating with Technical Sections to receive and dispose of written-off property, hazardous wastes and othercommodities for disposal, according to existing UN and international (including environmental) rules andregulations, whilst safeguarding to the maximum integrity of existing local environment;
· Maintaining PDU warehouse, scrap yards and other storage facilities well-organized in accordance withthe type of scrap/property, as well as ensuring the security and the safety of these storages on daily basis and report immediately incidents that may occur
· Identify, categorize and sort items on similar functions
· Palletize, list, label and place items/inventory in proper locations
· Update bin locations in the database as items are physically placed on shelves and cages
· Keep proper inventory of all items, physically verify on an interim basis
· Enter written-off equipment data in the Property Disposal database
· Maintaining accurate PDU records, and generating relevant reports upon request
· Prepare items in lots that are recommended for sale through bidding exercises
· Ensure the removal of barcodes and any UN marks from items ready for collection by successful bidders and/or contractors
· Other duties as directed by the supervisor of the Warehouse and Unit Chief.
Professionalism: Has knowledge of general office procedures, policies and directives,in particular, inventory and control guidelines. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.Takesresponsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation ofwomen and men in all areas of work.
Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost, and quality standards; operated in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Client Orientation:Considers all those to whom we provide services to, as “clients” and seeks to see things from the clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors on-going developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Qualification and Experience
Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Training in logistics, supply chain management, inventory, asset management or another relevant field is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of inventory control, property disposal, property management, logistics, procurement, or other related fields.Knowledge of Umoja/SAP database is desirable.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
Assessment Method: Evaluation of qualified candidates for this position may include a substantive assessment which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including their United Nations Personal History Profile (PHP) to the address mentioned below quoting vacancy announcement number and functional title on the subject line on or before the deadline. The P.11 is on the https://unsos.unmissions.org/jobs. Applications submitted after the deadline 25 August 2021will not be accepted. Curriculum Vitaes (CVs) will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly attach a copy of High School Certificate, Passport and or National Identification Card.These are required as part of your application for consideration of eligibilty. Please note CID and NISA Certificates are required at a later stage of the recruitment process.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).