UNITED NATIONS SUPPORT OFFICE FOR SOMALIA
UNITED NATIONS CORE VALUES: INTEGRITY, PROFESSIONALISM, RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO SOMALI NATIONALS ONLY AND DOES NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL BENEFITS
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 11 MARCH 2019
DATE OF ISSUANCE: 10 FEBRUARY 2019
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: PROPERTY MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
SECTION: PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
DURATION OF CONTRACT: ONE (01) YEAR FIXED TERM
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: UNSOS/PMA/007/2019
This position is funded for an initial period of one year, extension of appointment will be subject to budgetary approval. Appointment against this post is on a local basis. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred in order to take-up the appointment. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
Interested applicants who are working with UN Contractors must fulfil the obligations of their contracts with the UN Contractors in order to be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships:
The position is located in Mogadishu, Somalia. The incumbent will report to the Property Management Officer in Mogadishu.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Within the delegated authority, the Property Management Assistant will be responsible for the following duties;
- Conducts physical verification of Assets and Serialized Equipment to ensure that all items are accounted for and in serviceable condition;
- Updates all physical verification records and data entry in UMOJA;
- Prepare discrepancy reports, advise relevant Commodity Managers and Warehousing staff and monitor the associated reconciliation process;
- Maintain accurate and auditable records related to physical verification process and in conformance with administrative instructions, guidelines, manuals and SOPs;
- Interacts with other property management stakeholders and providers of services, in particular Commodity Managers, Warehouse Staff, Inbound and Outbound Delivery Staff, Procurement Section, Mission Support Centre, and Local Property Survey Boards, as appropriate;
- Prepares and submits discrepancy reports, and disposal reports for the Unit Chief’s approval;
- Perform initial inspection as part of Goods Receipt process to ensure that all items received in Somalia are supplied in accordance to the specifications, terms and conditions of the relevant purchase order or contract;
- Assist stakeholders in application of property management policies and procedures to meet organizational standards and goals set up in the DFS Directives, LSD Guidelines and mission’s SOPs;
- Produces relevant Business Intelligence and ECC reports as and when requested by supervisor
- Assists in carrying out Board of Survey functions as and when required;
- Prepare statistical analysis and trend analysis of Assets and Serialized Equipment in the Mission;
- Performs administrative functions and other duties, as required.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of property management, inventory control, logistics, procurement, or other related fields. Certifications in supply chain management, IPSAS, or UMOJA/SAP are desirable.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English and Somali (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of other UN language is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including their United Nations Personal History form (P.11) to the address mentioned below quoting vacancy announcement number and functional title on the subject line on or before the deadline. The P.11 is on the https://unsos.unmissions.org/jobs. Applications submitted after the deadline March 11, 2019 will not be accepted. Curriculum Vitaes (CVs) will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly attach a copy of High School Certificate, Passport and or National Identification Card. These are required as part of your application for consideration of eligibilty. Please note CID and NISA Certificates are required at a later stage of the recruitment process.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).